Thursday, December 20, 2012

Movie Review: The Hobbit

I went to see The Hobbit yesterday.  Peter Jackson took a large risk making a movie starring no dogs, and only humans, but the humans were excellent.  Of course, I do think the movie would have been better with dogs instead of humans, but I think everyone knows that already.  This movie is a prequel to the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.  This movie tells how the dwarves lost their kingdom to a dragon, and they start the quest to return to their home, and get rid of the dragon.  These dwarves are not the usual dwarves that most of us are familiar with--Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, etc., and there are more than 7 of them.  I did not care for the part where the birds were heroes who saved the group from death.  However, don't assume that all birds in the movie are good because that is just not possible when dealing with birds.  You know some evil ones are going to turn up eventually.  Also, I did love the rabbits pulling the wizard.  We sled dogs enjoy seeing other animals do our job, and I am very fond of rabbits since I used to be pals with one who was also a pet around here when I was a puppy.  This movie gets 4 paws up, a tail wag, some kisses, some extra slobbering, and a good sniff.  This would be a 10 out of 10 on the human movie scale.  I recommend this movie as one to see.

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Critic)

No comments:

Post a Comment