Friday, December 14, 2012

Dog Archaeologist

I've been working on a major archaeological dig in the back yard of my house.  I am doing this dig as a service to my colleagues in the scientific community.  This research is very important, and is not, as my humans have suggested, just fun for a dog to dig up the yard.  Why are the humans always so shortsighted when it comes to scientific discoveries?  Anyway, I am writing this today to share my latest findings with my readers. 

I have discovered that ancient dinosaur bones are not as tasty as fresh bones, but are still quite chewable.  I would recommend new bones for taste and chew quality, but the old bones can be useful when a dog needs a bone to chew on, and does not have any available.  There is another advantage to a dig, and that is that, if you throw the dirt high enough as you are digging, you can knock a bird out of a tree, and bury it for later digging and eating.  This is not something that has to be done, but it is just an added bonus. 

I also discovered that bones from many of the dinosaurs can last a long time because many of them were big--even bigger than a Great Dane, and Great Danes are big dogs!  This means they ate a lot so the humans who kept them as pets must have had to buy big bags of dinosaur food at the pet store.  This brings me to the final discovery I made....if you are a dog, start digging.  An archaeological dig is educational, interesting, and fun.  A dog can usually kill a couple of birds in the process, and killing birds is a good thing.

Demon Flash Bandit (Archaeologist)

No comments:

Post a Comment