Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fortune Cookies: Uncanny accuracy

I happen to be a big fan of cookies--oatmeal, peanut butter, vanilla wafers, etc. The one cookie that I not only enjoy eating, but that also gives me words of wisdom is the fortune cookie. The fortune cookie is delicious, and when you break it open, there is a small piece of paper with a "fortune" on it. In this case, the fortune is not referring to an actual treasure, but it tells a dog what a dog needs to know. Normally, I would be cynical about its accuracy, but I have to tell you that, after eating quite a few fortune cookies, this dog has a great respect for their wisdom. Last week, my cookie said, "People enjoy having you around. Appreciate this." Of course, it is true--the humans do enjoy having me around, but despite its obvious accuracy, I realized that it could just be a coincidence. Then today I got another cookie and the fortune said, "You are admired for your adventurous ways." Here I am writing a blog entitled, Adventures of a Lead Dog, and the cookie talks about how adventurous I am. Who would have thought a cookie could know so much? Anyway, I am now a firm believer in fortune cookies. In fact, I am wondering why you see advertisements for psychic hotlines and no ads for fortune cookie hotlines. Now I am getting worried that, once the humans see how accurate they are, they will buy up all the fortune cookies so that there won't be any left for this dog--and in addition to being accurate, they are also delicious! I think perhaps I should head for the store now to buy up all the ones on the shelf before the humans realize how wonderful they are. I would love to write more, but an important adventure has just come up. Until tomorrow.....

Demon Flash Bandit (Dog Who Loves Fortune Cookies)

2 comments:

  1. Wooos Demon! There is no such thing as a bad cookie. Since woo post is all about cookies, I made Mom go get me one to munch on while I read this post, yum, yum, yum......
    ~husky kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Demon Flash Bandit even though the silly computer thinks it is my mom. I am so pleased that you got a cookie. My goal with my blog is to make sure dogs get the stuff we want. I can now say that, with this blog, mission accomplished. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete