Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Am A Dog, Not a Prairie Dog

Prairie dogs aren't actually dogs! What human decided to call them prairie dogs if they are actually rodents? Why aren't they called prairie squirrels? Wouldn't that be more accurate? What human gets put in charge of naming animals anyway? I think I need to have a talk with that human because that human isn't doing a good job. That human must have also named the guinea pigs, which aren't actually pigs. Since prairies dogs bark like dogs, and guinea pigs oink like pigs, I think the person who names them must just sit back in a office and listen to recordings of the animals. If that person doesn't actually see the animals, that would explain why he or she names them by the sound they make. Someone needs to get him or her out of that office and take them out to actually see the animals that are being named. That way it would be a lot less confusing. I have seen some photos of prairie dogs, and they are cute. Everyone says I am cute too so just so there is no confusion--I am a real dog--not a prairie dog. I might add that it is good to be a dog.

1 comment: