Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Time to Open Disney DogWorld

Happy St. Patricks Day to all my readers. I hope my humans don't get any ideas about dressing me in green because it is not going to happen. I have a lovely fur coat, and just because the humans aren't fortunate enough to have their own fur coats, is no reason to try to dress their dog/dogs in silly human style clothing. If you happen to be in Dublin, Ireland, be sure and visit the National Leprechaun Museum. I wonder if a dog visits there, do you think the dog might actually get to meet a leprechaun. I know they aren't part of the museum, but if I were leprechaun, I would want to visit a museum in my honor. If a dog meets a leprechaun, do you think the dog might be able to get some free samples of Lucky Charms cereal? I love those little marshmallows in the cereal. In fact, why don't the cereal people leave out the cereal and package only the marshmallow charms? I know this dog would like it a lot better that way.

I hope my dog readers have started the human training I suggested in yesterday's blog. When dealing with training humans, it is best to get started as soon as possible.

Today I am going to discuss the prejudice against dogs exhibited by a major theme park. That park is Disney World. The park does not allow dogs (with the exception of service dogs). I know that is true of most parks so you might wonder why I'm picking on Disney, but the thing that irks me about Disney is that its mascot is a mouse. Yes, a MOUSE, and not the kind of mouse you use on a computer--it is the real furry kind of mouse that most humans seem to be terrified of running into. Disney dedicates an entire park to a mouse and then won't allow dogs. Obviously, cats aren't allowed either because no self respecting cat would walk through that park without trying to eat that mouse. His name is Mickey Mouse, and you would think he is better than all the rest of us animals. They do have a couple of dogs in the Disney kingdom, Pluto and Goofy. Goofy can talk, but he is stupid, thus the name Goofy. Pluto can't talk and acts like a lot of regular dogs. Am I the only one that wonders how Disney can depict a talking dog as stupid when the "smarter" dog can't talk. I know when most humans meet a talking dog, they think the dog is incredibly smart.

I do give Disney studios credit for making some great dog movies--including Snow Dogs and Eight Below, but they need to re-evaluate their opinion on dogs entering their parks. In fact, why not make a new park and name it Disney Dog World. Doesn't that sound like an amazing theme park? I know I would take a vacation to that park. Let's hope Disney decides to open Disney Dog World soon. A dog needs a place where he or she can relax and have fun.

Demon Flash Bandit (Dog Who Would Visit Disney Dog World)

No comments:

Post a Comment