Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dog Who Admires Jefferson, Edison, and Einstein--and Would Include Them in History Books

What does the state of Texas have against Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Alva Edison, and Albert Einstein that they would deliberately leave them out of their textbooks? Did Edison's invention of the light bulb make their lives too different? Would they prefer to be sitting around in their homes with a kerosene lamp or a candle reliving the "good old days". This dog is wondering why they haven't yet banned computers in schools since the computer might mislead their students into thinking those humans existed. I am assuming they also re-wrote the history of the Alamo so that Texas won, and the heroes of the Alamo weren't from places like Tennessee, but from Texas. Are they going to leave out Henry Ford too because cars should never have replaced horses as the major mode of transportation? I'm sure that the Texas Board of Education has many other changes in mind. Since truth and accuracy are no longer necessary in textbooks, this dog is going to start writing textbooks. I think it is about time dogs got more coverage. Those wonderful sled dogs who took the diphtheria serum to Nome, Alaska that is now remembered by the Iditarod Sled Race, will have a prominent spot in my book--I can dedicate several chapters to their heroism. The United States flag in my book will have less stars since I will be leaving out the states I'm not fond of. Being a sled dog, Texas, you won't be getting a star--your climate is too hot for my taste, and if I don't like something, I'm going to leave it out. I guess I've learned to think like a Texas School Board Member--I knew I could do it if I shut off my brain.

Demon Flash Bandit (You Can Actually Learn From History-but Not if You Re-Write It)

No comments:

Post a Comment