Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pegasus: Horse or Bird?

I like horses.  They are the world's biggest dogs--even larger than the Great Dane!  They use all four paws to walk just like us dogs not like the silly humans who think that they only need their back paws for walking properly.  They neigh instead of bark, but their language isn't that hard to learn.  It is a cross between ancient dog language and snorts.  Now that I have let you know my feelings toward horses, I must remind you of my attitude toward birds.  Birds are those evil little winged varmints that fly around annoying us dogs (and sensible humans).  This brings me to the subject of today's blog: Pegasus.  Why am I writing about Pegasus?  Why shouldn't I write about Pegasus?

There have been references to Pegasuses for decades. "Peggy" is first mentioned in Greek mythology.  Pegasus was the horse Zeus flew in on.  The horseport where he landed is shrouded in mystery due to all the decades since it happened; but suffice it to say, that I'm sure Zeus was going somewhere fun.  I'm guessing he was always trying to get away from his nagging wife, Hera, and what better way than on an animal that can fly?  Hera would tell him to take out the garbage, and he would jump on Pegasus and get out of there.  I guess men haven't really changed that much since ancient times. I have made the observation that most of them try to get out of housework.  Being a guy myself, this seems like a sensible thing to do.  I'm not going to stay home and clean--Angel Zoom Smokey can do that!  

This brings me to the conclusion of my blog.  Are Pegauses good like horses?  On the other paw, since they have wings, are they some sort of evil bird?  I will continue to research this subject and I will write a thesis on it when I get my PhD/  

Demon Flash Bandit (Dog Who Ponders Pegasuses)

2 comments:

  1. I can count on yu, Big Dog to ask the Important questions.
    Let us know whut yu find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pawsonally, I'm skeptable about Pegasuses (or is it Pegasi?). I'm pretty sure you can't trust anything with wings, unless they also have halos. But I'll be furry interested to read your research!

    ReplyDelete