Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Movie Review: 42

I am going to do a movie review  of the movie, 42.  This movie is the 42nd sequel starting with the movie, 1.  These movies feature a number, and spend at least an hour and a half dedicated to discussing that number.  Yeah, I'm just messing with my readers since 42 is not a sequel, but it is the number that Jackie Robinson was assigned to wear for the Brooklyn Dodgers.  This movie is the story of how Jackie Robinson was signed to play for the Brooklyn Dodgers By Branch Rickey (who was played by Harrison Ford).  By the way, I wonder if they will ever make a movie about the Rickey family which also included his brothers, Limb, Twig, and Tree.  Signing Robinson was a very controversial move during that time since African Americans had never been allowed to play in the major leagues before that.  Jackie Robinson, who was played by Chadwick Boseman faced  prejudice and, yes, even death threats.  For some odd reason, the humans, unlike us dogs, get upset if the humans are a different "color" from them.  We dogs have never understood this concept since, to us, it really doesn't matter if a dog is white, black or brown, the dog will still be treated the same.  Unless it is one of those yappy little chihuahuas who never seem to shut up their barking until the bigger dogs have to remind them that they could smash them with one paw.  No, I have nothing agains chihuahuas as long as they don't get too yappy, and I do understand why they bark so much.  If I were the size of my paw, I'd probably bark so that I would (hopefully) fool the bigger animals around me into thinking I'm really tough. 
This was an excellent movie, and I give it 8 paws up (I'm including Angel Zoom Smokey in on the count), 2 tail wags, a lot of kisses, and some husky fur that we are always shedding around the house so that they can clone a Siberian Husky to be the next one to break into baseball.  I would give this movie a 10 out of 10 on the human movie scale, and I think Jackie Robinson deserves appause for enduring all he endured while still managing to stay a nice guy!

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Critic)

No comments:

Post a Comment