Saturday, November 10, 2012

No More Papa Johns Pizza for Me

I read in the news today that the CEO of Papa John's Pizza--John Schnatter plans to cut employee hours because of Obamacare.  He wants to make sure everyone knows why their hours are being cut--so he won't be required to pay for employee health insurance.  As a customer, am I supposed to be upset because he has to pay for something for his employees that many employers already cover without the government making them do so?  In the long run, those customers end up paying for the health care anyway because when low income workers without insurance get sick, the taxpayers end up picking up the bill.  I guess  Schnatter thinks that everyone has to buy his pizza.  Considering that most restaurants and retail stores have trouble hiring enough workers, it sounds like the customer will be getting lousy service, and I'm guessing he will be forced to go up  on the price of his pizza too.  It sounds very convenient to me--cut labor costs and go up on prices and blame the government instead of the company's individual greed.  I plan to help this guy out by not buying pizza at his establishment in the future.  It isn't like I will be doing without pizza...he has lots and lots of competition in my small town alone.  Perhaps if enough humans think like this dog, we can do him a big favor and put him out of business.  I don't know about everyone else, and I'm not saying Obamacare is wonderful, but this dog is tired of the humans running businesses constantly complaining about their income.  Perhaps if they worked for minimum wage for awhile, they might actually learn to be grateful, and this dog would not have to read their whining on the Internet.

Demon Flash Bandit (Not a Future Customer of Papa Johns Pizza)

1 comment:

  1. Go DFB!

    Khorporate woo-know-what greed at its untasty best!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: We are still smiling the do'ers and not the poo'ers won on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete