Friday, November 2, 2012

Movie Review: Cloud Atlas

This movie is a very complicated movie spanning different time periods and lifetimes.  It shows the impact that one person's life can have on another across time.  This is a long movie, and as I was watching it, I realized that one major problem with this movie was the lack of dogs.  Then a dog came on, and I thought, "finally, a dog to make this movie great".  However, the dog was killed almost immediately, and I did find that very annoying.  Of course, the dog's owner did open up a can of "whup tail" on the man who killed her dog so that made the movie okay with me from the dog's viewpoint.  I might add the dog's performance was outstanding.  The film stars Tom Hanks and Halle Berry.  Many of the actors in this film played so many roles that it must have kept the costume and make up departments busy.  All the actors did a good job in their various portrayals.  I particularly liked the theme song for the movie, and I think it went along well with the whole "connections" idea.  It used the tune of that old bone connection song, and the lyrics went something like this:
The movie studio is connected to the box office.  The box office is connected to the bank.  The bank is connected to the money....so let's hope this film makes a lot. 
Of course, they could have been a bit more subtle in their approach, but since the real object of most movies is to make money, it is pleasant to see such honesty coming from a business.
To really understand this movie, I suspect it would help if the viewer watched it more than once--and it would also help the bottom line of the theme song"  to make a lot of money!
I give this movie 4 paws up which is about a 6 out of 10 on the humans movie scale.  For those who like to think (which would rule out most humans), this movie could become highly annoying because it does get a bit complicated and might make their brains hurt.  I do recommend that you view this movie.

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Critic)

No comments:

Post a Comment