Saturday, November 17, 2012

Movie Review: Skyfall

I have been asked by my many readers to review the new James Bond 007 movie, Skyfall so, in this blog, I will do so.  The reason so many of my fans  want to know my opinion of the movie is that I was a spy myself for so many years.  I can talk about it now because I am retired, but I used to have to keep it quiet.  I was one of the human government's best spies in the war against the evil birds.  I started my spy training as a wee puppy.  It was just a couple of months after I was born, and an agent came and got me and explained the mission.  They needed a cute, smart puppy and I fit the description.  Of course, I have to pass some tests first to make sure I had the intelligence required, but when I did better on the tests than most humans (which is not hard), they were thrilled to have me on board.  However, I am writing a movie review of Skyfall, not an autobiography although I'm sure my readers would find my life story particularly interesting to read so I will get back to the movie review.

Skyfall stars Daniel Craig as James Bond (wouldn't his name be cooler if it were James Bone--all the dogs I've asked agree), and Judi Dench as M.   The "villian" in this movie is someone from M's past-someone who has a major grudge against her.  He uses his advanced computer system to cause problems and to release information that is damaging to the secret service.  That is when James Bond goes after the villian to stop him from releasing more damaging information.  As usual, there are a lot of action scenes, but they are a bit more believeable in this movie.  Some of the Bond movies in the past have had action scenes that would have been difficult to pull off, and probably quite painful yet Bond never seems to have any ill effects from those stunts.  NOTE:  I bet he has a stunt dog like my Phantom Fast Snowman who does the actual stunts).  As a spy for a few years, I can tell you that it is dangerous work, but it is rewarding.  Everytime a bird was captured or executed, I felt that I had done my duty as a dog.  Those birds would have already taken over the planet if it had not been for brave dogs like myself who kept an eye on them.  In fact, I was so good at the job that I was given the coveted Husky Bird Hater Award.  Even looking at that medal still brings a touch of pride to my heart--knowing that I was an important part of keeping birds from taking over.    Anyway, the movie was a more realistic spy movie than the past Bond movies, and I give it 4 paws up, several tail wags, and a kiss.  I also give it the Husky  Realistic Spy Movie Award.  I always enjoy hearing him say, "The name's Bone, Ham Bone...okay, he said Bond, James Bond, but Ham Bone would be a much cooler name!  The movie gets a 9 out of 10 on the human movie scale. 

The next time you see a dog who has been a bird spy, thank him for his service.  Thanks to him, you aren't walking around with bird poop on your head!

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Reviewer)

No comments:

Post a Comment