Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Don't Eat the Flag!

I wrote a blog yesterday about the recipe in Better Homes and Gardens involving the' United States flag cake'.  After I wrote it, I wondered if it is really okay to eat a flag anyway.  There are many rules involving flag usage, and it occurred to me that eating a flag might not be particularly respectful.  Therefore, as a dog who you can depend on to do the proper research, I checked into it, and I am going to share a link on flag etiquette for the dogs who want to make sure they are doing everything properly.

 http://www.lifescript.com/well-being/articles/t/the_flag_code_proper_flag_etiquette.aspx?gclid=COmc5NSOhL8CFQwGaQodeDMAuw&trans=1&du=1&ef_id=U1ME5QAABOGrFxKA:20140618190332:s

Although it does not specifically mention eating the flag, it does say that flags cannot be put on disposable products such as paper plates so I'm guessing that you aren't supposed to "eat" a flag.  Perhaps the editors at the magazine should have checked into this subject a bit more diligently. I suppose that flags on a toothpick aren't acceptable either, but since you don't have to throw them away, they might be okay.  I told my humans just to celebrate properly by serving my twinkies without the flag.  I have to set an example for the other dogs out there.  It is part of my job as a dog blogger to do the right thing at all times.  I plan to celebrate Independence Day by catching a couple of birds and throwing them on the grill.  There is nothing disrespectful about that unless you catch an endangered species, and don't even get me started on why the humans protect ANY bird species.  All of them need to be wiped out!

Demon Flash Bandit (Planning My Independence Day Celebration)


1 comment: