Sunday, June 12, 2011

Doggy Psychiatrists

I am not the only dog in this household. I share the house with another Siberian Husky named Angel Zoom Smokey. Angel is a nice dog for the most part, but one thing I have learned from her is that living with someone who is mentally ill is not an easy task. It it made even worse by a society that does not always recognize the seriousness of mental illness. The worst part is that Angel is not seeing a doggy psychiatrist which is sad not only for her own happiness, but also for mine. Fortunately, I live with a couple of humans who have advanced psychology textbooks from college courses they took so I have studied these book at length and I am now qualified to discuss Angel Zoom Smokey's diagnosis. Angel Zoom Smokey is suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. You might ask how I came to that conclusion. It was actually quite simple. Every night we are both given rawhide bones, and I like to take hers once she has chewed on it for awhile. It is a lot of work to chew a rawhide bone from its beginning, and it is nicer when it is "pre-chewed". Of course, I bark at her to give it to me, and she refuses and keeps it for herself. Thus, the diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. If she were mentally healthy, she would give me the rawhide bone. In fact, the humans say that they would consider pre-chewing the bones for me to keep me from whining, but that would not solve Angel Zoom Smokey's mental problems. Angel is so lucky that she is living with such an intelligent and understanding mentally healthy dog like myself.

Demon Flash Bandit (Prefers Pre-Chewed Rawhide Bones)

No comments:

Post a Comment