Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mad Men Over Cars 2

I went to see Cars 2 yesterday, and I'm sure everyone is waiting to see what a dog thinks of the movie. I did not think it was as good as the first one, but it was still an enjoyable movie. I do think that the lack of dogs does not help this movie, but it also had a lack of humans, which of course, did not do it any harm. The television show, Mad Men, is up for a bunch of Emmys. Is there an Emmy for the show with the most people smoking cigarettes on a television show? That is about the only Emmy this dog would give that show. Mommy bought the first season, and has not bothered to watch any more of it. I watched it with her and the first season was torture enough. At least the show proves that life in that time period was not as good as so many people seem to remember. One interesting fact about the humans is that they tend to remember the good things and not the bad things about the past. Believe me, I've heard humans who lived during the 1930's and 40's say that they were the "good old days". If you like soup lines, no money to live on, and a war, I guess those were your good old days, but most of us do not enjoy times like that. My guess is that what those people really miss if their puppyhood. It is someimes hard to grow up and be a big dog. However, I am still trying to understand why Mad Men would receive so many Emmy nominations. That is one reason Mommy bought it in the first place, and now she says she won't consider Emmys won when deciding which television shows to watch. I think that is a wise decision. I do want to say that when the family dog reached up and grabbed the neighbor's bird and the neighbor threatened to kill the dog, I like how the Mom handled that situation. Kudos for good writing for that part of the show.

Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing Entertainment)

No comments:

Post a Comment