Monday, January 10, 2011

Work for Unemployed Spiders

Movie: The Mist: SPOILER ALERT:
Last night Mommy and I watched the movie, The Mist. Normally, I think that most movies would be improved with the addition of more dogs or an all dog cast. This is one of those movies that is an exception to that rule. There is a "mist" that comes into a town. It is dangerous to go out into the mist because there is something that turns out to be giant bugs and spiders that happens to be killing many of the people who go into the mist. I'm sure the budget for the movie was increased since some of those spiders had starred in other movies--the giant spider from The Lord of the Rings Return of the King was in the movie as was smaller ones from Spiderman 1 (the one that bit Peter Parker), and Arachnophobia. I'm sure those watching the movie will remember them from those movies. I suppose it was good for the spiders since giant spiders don't have a lot of roles to fulfill in Hollywood so, when one comes along, they are glad to have the work. I doubt that a dog would want to star in The Mist because I know I would not take a role where I have to deal with a stupid spider. I don't even like mosquitoes that are "normal" size. If you enjoy insects particularly ones who are bigger than normal, you will love this movie. If you don't like insects, I would suggest you avoid watching this movie.

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Critic)

No comments:

Post a Comment