The Oscar nominees have been announced, and the movies that are up for best picture for 2010 are:
1. The Fighter (Excellent Movie)
2. Inception (Excellent Movie)
3. The Social Network, (Excellent Movie)
4. Toy Story 3 (Excellent Movie)
5. True Grit (Excellent Movie)
6. 127 Hours (Not seen, and didn't want to see)
7. Black Swan (Not seen, didn't look interesting)
8. The King's Speech (Didn't see, but looks like it might be good)
9. Winter's Bone (Didn't see, and didn't want to see)
10 The Kid are Alright (Saw it--Not a Particularly Good Movie)
I know everyone has their own opinions, but these are mine. Actually, I don't really have a lot of respect for the Oscars because, in the past, some of the movies that win, I have considered to be mediocre. The fact that Marmaduke and Yogi Bear are not in the running for best picture for 2010 is ridiculous. I liked both of those movies more than Toy Story 3, and I liked Toy Story 3.
In entertainment news, Conan O'Brien's production company has done a pilot for a new television show called, Vince Uncensored. CBS has picked it up so I'm guessing it will be airing before too long.
The best news I read today is that the USDA has poisoned hundreds of birds (starlings) in South Dakota. I am hoping that this is finally an official declaration of war on birds. Maybe the humans are finally listening to a dog!
Demon Flash Bandit (Commenting on Various News Stories)