Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Movie, Review: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Today I am going to share a movie review with my readers. The movie is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. This movie stars Daniel Craig as a journalist named Mikael Blomkist and Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker. This movie starts out with an introduction involving a bird on fire which made me think it was going to be an outstanding movie since, as my regular readers are aware, I'm not a fan of birds. However, no birds were killed in the movie so that was disappointing. It was like they were just trying to get a dog's hopes up and not follow through-typical of the humans. However, I will get back to the actual movie. Mikael Blomkist is hired to find the killer of a girl who has been missing for 40 years. Along the way, he gets an assistant-Lisbeth Salander, the computer hacker. Together, they try to solve this 40 year old mystery. I can't tell you whether they were successful or not since it might spoil the movie. However, I can tell you that a cat was murdered of which I do not approve, but I'm sure that the cat wasn't really murdered in real life. There was a lot of violence and adult themes so I would not suggest this movie for those under 18--and it is rated R. I don't think the R stands for Rottweiler either! I give this movie a tail wag since it was interesting, but it is not a movie that would ever be a favorite of mine. Of course, not every movie can be Snow Dogs or Eight Below. On the humans movie rating scale, I would give it a 6 out of 10 because it was interesting and it did keep me awake until it was over. There are plenty of movies that I can sleep through so that is an accomplishment in itself. However, there were a lot better movies made last year so, unless you watch a lot of movies, this is one that can be skipped. By the way, in the beginnning Lisbeth had a very cool hairdo that made her look like a stegasaurus. I do applaud her taste in hair styles since most of the humans don't appreciate the stegasurus look.

Demon Flash BAndit (Movie Review: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo)

No comments:

Post a Comment