Monday, August 8, 2011

Standard and Poor Downgrades U. S. Credit

The stock market is down due to the recent downgrade of the credit of the United States by Standard and Poor. I'm sure that many of my readers, like myself, are asking themselves, what does this mean to the average dog? As of yet, the answer is not clear. We are mainly concerned with the prices of food, treats, and dog toys. I called my pal, Brian (Brainy) Beagle, a dog who won the Nobird award for economics to see what he had to say about the situation.

Brian Beagle: Having enough money: Good thing
Not having enough money: Bad thing
As long as the prices of food, dog treats, and dog toys don't rise, everything will stay the same.

As usual, Brian gets right to the point probably because he is a dog. Personally, I saw that Standard and Poor made a math miscalculation of a few trillion dollars so I think they should be calling in some CDAs (Cerified Doggy Accountants) to check their math. I have to let you know that Standard and Poor is run by humans so, with no dogs in their employ, I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw a stick and fetch it!

In other financial news, this dog is pulling for the striking Verizon workers. I saw that someone was criticizing them for going on strike in a recession. However,Verizon is making money, and the people who run these companies seem to have no problem with taking big bonuses during recessions. This dog is pulling for the regular people who will actually help the economy because they will spend the money on necessities like food when the executives are often hoarding the money and refusing to spend it. It seems to this dog that part of the problem with the economy is that the humans at the top don't want to pay the laborers for their part in making the money. They are bad humans, and they are going to be very surprised when it comes their time to leave the planet because you can't take it with you when you die.

Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing Economy)


No comments:

Post a Comment