Monday, August 15, 2011

Art Attack!

A 53 year old woman, Susan Burns, has been arrested at the Washington National Gallery for attacking the painting, "The Plumed Hat" done by Henri Matisse and valued at 2.5 million dollars. This is not her first art attack. In April, 2011, she attacked another painting at the same museum. This time it was a painting done by Paul Gauguin entitled, "Two Tahitian Women"valued at 80 million dollars. After that first attack, she was banned from visiting the museum so this time she is also arrested for unlawful entry. I know that many of my readers will think she was insane, and I agree with that possible assessment, but I think I know what drove her over the edge. In past blogs, I have written about the paintings "Dogs Playing Poker". I checked the Internet and discovered that the National Gallery has no paintings of that calibre in their museum. I can only imagine her outrage when she went to the museum expecting to see fine works of art probably assuming they had the Dogs Playing Poker only to find that there were none. In fact, I would think a picture of a hat would really make a person mad because all of us know that the book, "Alice in Wonderland" has a Mad Hatter (played by Johhny Depp in the recent movie) so why would an artist want to paint a picture of a hat? I don't even like hats. My humans have bought me doggy hats and I hate all of them. Sure, there is a photo of me wearing a Burger King crown (that is before I quit going to BK which you can read about in past blogs), but I also had a burger in my paws which made wearing the hat to make the humans happy okay. I think the only possible remedy for this situation so that it never happens again is for the National Gallery to buy a Dogs Playing Poker painting for their gallery. I can't stress this enough--I'm sure other humans are going to go nuts and attack the paintings if this is not done! If the Gallery can't afford such a fantastic painting, perhaps they could get a copy of the dogs on the movie, Eight Below, playing poker with the humans. I've heard that the U.S. government is having to watch their budget, but they need to get a dog playing poker painting of some kind. I, being a patriotic dog, would be happy to pose for a picture of Angel Zoom Smokey and myself playing poker if necessary.

Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing Art)

No comments:

Post a Comment