Friday, October 9, 2015

Hellboy and Marriage.Vows of Henry the 8th

William and I were watching the movie,
 Hellboy.  It was hard for me to pay attention to the plot.  I kept thinking , why  is he wearing a coat?  Why doesn't the coat burn up?  Jeff said it is to look cool, but it sounds odd to me. However, human types are odd creatures so I'll accept.his explanation.

Mom and I have been watching the television series, The Tudors, again.   We just finished the episode in which he married his sixth wife, Catherine Parr.  I have to admit that, though I'm a very Macho dog, I got all choked up when Henry  the 8th said his wedding vows!  He had such a great staff of wedding vow writers, and he kept them super busy.  English nobility had to hire professional wedding gift shoppers to keep up with him.
Anyway,  I was so touched by his vow which I will now share with my readers who are unfamiliar with his loving words

My dearest Catherine, I pledge to you that I will be a loyal and loving husband until I meet a woman who is younger or prettier. When that happens, I will divorce you if you are agreeable. If not, I will be decreeing--off with your head.  I'm sure we will enjoy several weeks of wedded bliss before we separate.

Sadly, he died before he could find a 7th wife. I suppose that is part of the reason the US does not have royalty, except of course for Angel Zoom Smokey and myself.

Demon Flash Bandit (King Demon)






No comments:

Post a Comment