Monday, September 2, 2013

What Labor Day Means to Me, Demon Flash Bandit

In honor of the Labor Day holiday, I am going to write this blog about "what Labor Day means to me".  It is about time the holiday was viewed from a dog's perspective.  Labor Day is the day set aside to honor "Labor" for their many contributions to the world.  This day was first celebrated on Tuesday, September 5, 1882 because the humans were put in charge of the dates, and you know how dumb the humans are--they couldn't tell Monday from Tuesday.  Within a couple of years, Fido, the Working Dog, announced that it should be on a Monday.  All the humans listened because Fido had the privilege of being a dog, and the humans  know that dogs are smarter and better than them. 

However, I'm sure my readers are asking, Demon, what does Labor Day mean to you, Demon Flash Bandit?  As a Siberian Husky who is a "working breed", I take Labor Day very seriously.  It means far more to us huskies than it does to a non-working breed (like a poodle).  After toiling all year for the humans, it means we huskies have a day to relax and catch up on our sleeping.  On normal days, this dog is lucky to get to take an 8 hour nap, but on Labor Day, I can sleep all day if I choose. 

Labor Day is also a day for the humans to have barbeques for dogs in which we are offered the kinds of foods we should be offered all day everyday-hamburgers, steaks, etc.  Ice cream leaves a perfect finish to a perfect day.  Now it is time for me to do the thing I love to do best on Labor Day---take a nap!

Demon Flash Bandit (Celebrating Labor Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment