Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sending a Message to the Varmints

A good dog is always vigilante about watching out for his humans.  As a dog who has the responsibility of keeping a yard safe for humans, I can tell you it can be a big job.  There are the usual critters that inhabit most yards-- squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits,  mice, birds,  etc.  Since we live near a lake, we have additional water type animals like beavers and woodchucks.  The yard is owned by my humans.  They bought it and they pay property taxes on it.  The deed is in their name.  Since I am the family dog; and as a member of the family, the yard is also mine.  My humans never spend much time out there anyway.   I don't have to tell all the dogs and even cats that the critters are not an easy group to deal woth.  Of course, I bark at them and let them know that they have no legal right to be on my property.  However, judging from the brain size of most of them, they probably won't understand.  I solved the problem by taking one of my stuffie toys outside where I tore it to shreds in front of the varmints.  I left it outside as a reminder to them.  If they want to stay on one piece, they won't mess with this dog!

Demon Flash Bandit (Guard Dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment