Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Movie Review: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Today I am going to do a movie review of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. The movie is about a British intelligence agent who came out of retirement to help catch a Soviet Spy during the Cold War. I will warn you that there are no dogs in this movie so the humans have to carry the movie on their own. I thought this was a boring movie. George Smiley (played by Gary Oldman) mainly stood around looking out the window or sitting around smoking cigarettes. It would have been a great ad for a cigarette company if they had George occasionally tell the audience which brand he was smoking and how much he liked them. I'm sure this is probably a more realistic portrayal of what it is like to be a spy than most movies involving James Bond. I have often made fun of Bond jumping from rooftop to rooftop without ever as much as yelling in pain---which does not seem at all realistic. However, by the time this movie was over, I was hoping that someone would do some rooftop jumping just to put a little life into the movie. I'm guessing that the next movie this director plans to do involves showing a realistic factory assembly line so that he can capitalize on boring jobs. I give this movie 1 paw up which is about a 3 on the human movie scale of 1 being bad, and 10 being excellent. To be fair, I am not a big fan of spy movies so if you like most spy movies, you may like it better than I did. Personally, I would have been happier staying home and watching Snow Dogs--the greatest movie ever made!

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Review: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy)

No comments:

Post a Comment