Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bacon Festival--A Wonderful Event!

Today's blog is about an event in Des Moines, Iowa, called the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. This event occurred last Saturday and had all tickets sold out. This event sounds like a dream come true to me, and I'm sorry I missed it!!! I bet every dog in the world would have enjoyed attending the big bacon event. There were lectures about bacon, songs about bacon, and (I certainly hope) bacon for eating! I can't think of a better thing to have a festival over than bacon. Personally, I love bacon, and I could eat bacon morning, noon, and night. You would think that no one could find any fault with such a great event, but the "Bacon Police" (The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) had the nerve to try to put a damper on such fun by saying that bacon is bad for you. Yes, the baconistas!!! What do they know? I bet there isn't a dog among them! Besides, if bacon really is bad for the humans, why would the doctors not encourage the others to eat it? Are they trying to end up on the unemployment line? Doctors need sick people or they won't make money so you know that they would not be discouraging bacon if it really were bad for the humans. I suspect it is actually good for the humans and the doctors don't want the humans to know it. Thank goodness, we dogs know when the humans are scamming us, and we will continue to eat bacon--as much of it as we can get our paws on because bacon tastes good!!

Demon Flash Bandit (Dog Who Loves Bacon!)

1 comment:

  1. I bet those bacon police just wanted to keep the bacon to themselves.

    ReplyDelete