Friday, October 21, 2011

Tax Plan

There is a human named Cain who wants to run as the Republican candidate for President of the United States. Cain is not the one in the Bible who murdered his brother Abel. I don't think he is the human who is always raising cain although to be fair, I'm not positive about that. However, he does have a tax plan that some of the humans seem to think is great. I personally don't care for it. Under the present system, it is a graduated income tax which means that those who make very little money pay little or no taxes. As the humans make more money, they are supposed to pay more of a percentage in taxes. I'm not saying the system can't use some up-dating since, thanks to inflation over the years, income does not go as far as it used to go. However, I don't think Cain's plan is a fair plan for the average tax payer. The present system even allows a certain amount of money not to be taxed because the government knows that it takes some money to live. This is not just my opinion, but also the opinion of some of the humans. I am going to share a link that you can read about it that was posted on the Internet today. http://www.aarp.org/politics-society/government-elections/news-10-2011/us--cain-tax-analysis.html?cmp=NLC-RSS-DAILY-BULLETIN This came from the AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) newsletter, and it is something to think about on the subject. I am not an accountant, but I have helped the humans do their taxes in the past so I learned a few things. I think the average human either has the taxes done by others or they have computer software do the taxes for them. I can't blame them because taxes are actually kind of boring to do. Perhaps this is where the problem lies since most humans really don't do their own taxes, then they don't stop to realize just how lousy it would be if everyone had to pay the exact same amount. The rich humans might lose some loopholes, but they would ultimately pay less in taxes. Poor humans would end up paying, and the low income ones don't make enough to live as it is. I think the richer humans like this plan for that reason--they know it will save them money, and that is all that matters to them. Ultimately, each human has to make their own decision on this subject, and for those who are rich, go ahead and support this tax plan--you'll love it.

Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing Taxes)

No comments:

Post a Comment