Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cobras, Tortoises, and the Royal Bachelor Party

Zoos are having their problems this week. In addition to the cobra that is lost from the Bronx Zoo in New York, there is a rare tortoise that is missing from the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The rare tortoise named Butti is missing from a hands on exhibit called "The Loft". He and his brother, Tutti, are part of the exhibit, and the zoo officials think someone "walked off" with him. He is about the size of a grapefruit and weighs about 1 pound, and he is an Indian Star Tortoise. Zoo officials are hoping that he will be returned to the zoo because they are worried about him. The cobra is still lost, but now has 86,000 followers on Twitter under the name, BronxZooCobra. The cobra has been tweeting about his fun sightseeing trip about New York City where he thanks the animals from the movie, Madagascar, for being his inspiration. He stopped by Wall Street, but the humans there made his skin crawl. He has been to High Line Park and Rockefeller Plaza, and has tweeted his complaints about being unable to grab get a cab. Evidently, he is a Justin Beiber fan because one tweet said "I just want Justin Bieber to follow me.". I assume that he will be visiting the Statue of Liberty and the United Nations next. Perhaps the officials at the Bronx Zoo should be following his tweets to find out where he might be next. For those of you who are wondering if I was invited to the royal bachelor party or "stag do" as it is called by the British, yes I was. As my regular readers are already aware, I was asked to the wedding, but I refused to attend because they did not invite Bo Obama, the first dog or his humans. I did attend the bachelor party because that consisted of 20 of Prince William's closest friends. Prince Harry threw the party for his brother, and it was wonderful. It was a "secret" so I won't divulge too many of the details, but I will tell you that the food was from Burger King. If you are going to have a royal party, then you need royal food to match the occasion, and the Burger King never fails to please. This dog loves it!!! It was a great party, and I even had a few minutes to spend with the Queen Lady, who was very happy to see me. You might say that among the royal family, I am a "BIG DOG". I couldn't stay and visit with her long because I had a special private plane take me there, and I needed to get back home. I had naps waiting here with my name on them. Demon Flash Bandit (Attended Royal Bachelor Party)

No comments:

Post a Comment