Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ballet Anyone????

As my regular readers already know, I sometimes like to comment on things the humans do from a dog's perspective and today is one of those times. My blog today is about ballet. Ballet is a type of dance that originated during the Italian Renaissance courts of the 15th century. For my fellow dogs, I'll just say that is a very l-o-n-g time ago. You would think that by now, the humans wouldn't bother with it anymore, but some of them still put a lot of time and effort into learning to be ballet dancers. In ballet, the humans jump around gracefully so I actually think it isn't a dance, but it is an agility test for humans. Dogs have agility tests, and I think the humans must want their own kind of agility test. The dancers don't step down on their entire paw--they step on their toes, which is the equivalent of a dog dancing on its claws. I have seen plenty of dogs dancing, and I have to tell you that I have yet to see a dog bother to learn the ballet. I suppose part of it is due to them having to wear shoes. I know this dog will not wear shoes. If the humans try to put shoes on my paws, they will quit trying to put them on out of sheer frustration. I can pull off one shoe while they are putting on another. This dog does not think that it is a coincidence that ballet is spelled so much like bullet. If the humans ever decide that this dog has to dance ballet, get the bullet and shoot me. It will put me out of my misery. Let's face it, if it isn't embarrassing enough to dance ballet, the outfits they choose are even worse--the guys wear silly looking tights that would embarrass Superman, and the ladies wear tutus. The name even sounds silly--tutu. Was threethree taken? I think it is safe to assume that my humans will never make me become a ballet dancer, but that is the humans' loss. I happen to be awesome to watch.

Demon Flash Bandit (Commenting on Ballet)

No comments:

Post a Comment