Saturday, August 21, 2010

Howell, Michigan's Melonfest

The town in which this dog lives in having a Melonfest this weekend. This festival is to honor a melon. I think this festival started because they wanted to keep the melons busy because a couple of melons want to elope and the town fathers told them that they "can't elope, and therefore, they had to start a festival to keep them busy. Okay, I know that is lame, but how did they get the name cantalope anyway? You have to admit, it is an odd name to come up with off the top of your head.

Anyway, the town is not a large town and this is a big deal for many of the residents. I can understand why it is a big event. They have tables set up selling melons because you can't just buy them at your local supermarket. They have melon ice cream, and various melon merchandise. I saw a dog wearing a melon as a hat, and I asked him about it. I got a rant about the humans going nuts, and I can't say I blame him. He did look ridiculous. There were humans dressed a melons, which is just sad. I should have gotten a photo, but I was too busy deciding whether to laugh or lose my dinner. There is a tent selling melon beer. I guess is must be good because there were plenty of humans drinking it, and most of them seemed to be having a good time. I think part of that might have been due to the melon beer, but I didn't stay long enough to do any serious research. This dogs plans to avoid the Melonfest. I only went through the town yesterday because it was just starting and the traffic wasn't too bad yet. Mommy will get to Burger King without going through town today. When I want my dinner, I do not want to traffic slowing me down.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing Local Melonfest)

No comments:

Post a Comment