Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Poppin Fresh'--My Pal

This dog enjoys a good dessert so I invited my pal, Poppin' Fresh, the Pillsbury Doughboy for a visit. I knew he could bake some tasty items for a dog to enjoy. We were sitting around having some cookies, and talking. He was relating his life experiences to me because he wants me to write his biography. I can't understand why his biography isn't already on the book shelves since he is such an iconic character. He told me about his early life when he was just a little cookie, and how he grew up to become the dough boy. He once met the Gingerbread Man, but he said the Gingerbread Man wasn't particularly nice. I will take his word for that. It does seem like a cookie that runs away from the human that made him can't be very nice. Since he eventually got eaten by a fox, I suppose he would have been happier if he hadn't run from the little old lady. He has met the Muffin Man, but they tend to have different schedules so they have never spent much time together.

Poppin' Fresh never expected to become such a star, but the nice folks at Pillsbury were so impressed with him that he has been their spokesdough for years now. He has quite the fan base, and even has a store selling collectibles. With all his accomplishments, he says he is still just plain dough. I am so pleased that he would ask me, his pal, to write his biography. After a couple of hours, we watched a bit of television--he loves the Food Channel. The best thing about writing his biography is that I will get to spend a lot of time with him, and he has promised to bake me some special dog biscuits the next time he drops by--Burger King flavor. I am so excited! Then this finger came out of nowhere and poked him in the tummy. Why is that finger always following him around? I'll have to wait until his next visit to ask him about that.

Demon Flash Bandit (Dog Who is Pals With Celebrity Doughboy, Poppin' Fresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment