Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Movie Review: The Pirates: Band of Misfits

Yesterday I went to the theatre so that I could do a movie review of The Pirates: Band of Misfits for my blog readers. This story is about the Pirate Captain who is trying to get the most booty so he can win the contest for the honor of being the "Pirate of the Year". There is stiff competition for this coveted prize. The Pirate Captain signs up for the competition on Blood Island, and then leaves the island to sail the seas in search of treasure. On the search, he finds a scientific vessel and meets Charles Darwin who persuades him that he can find the treasure he seeks in London which is where Queen Victoria lives and she hates pirates. However, the Pirate Captain is willing to face the danger in order to win the Pirate of the Year Award. I am a big fan of the Pirates movie franchise, but I must admit that Johnny Depp's performance as the Pirate Captain was not up to his usual brilliant performance, and they did not seem to remember that his name was Jack Sparrow. I can only assume that is a problem with the writers who sometimes forget the character's names. I was also a bit disappointed that the movie gave such a big part to a bird. As my regular readers know, I am not a fan of birds and I think they cause most of the problems in the world. However, the bird was kind of cute so I am making an exception for her in the movie. By the way, her name is Polly. I didn't hear her talk any which shows that she is a nice bird who isn't one of those diva types who gets angry if she doesn't get a lot of lines. I give this movie 4 paws up and a tail wag which is a 7 out of 10 on the human movie scale. It is rated PG, but I think most parents would not have much objection to their children seeing this movie.

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Reviewer)

No comments:

Post a Comment