Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Oktoberfest at Red Robin

Since I am a dog, I always enjoy sharing the latest "food" news with my readers. Today I am able to report that the Red Robin restaurants will be offering a beer milkshake for Oktoberfest. The tradition of Oktoberfest started in Bavaria (Germany) many years ago. There is some official history that Oktoberfest celebrated the wedding of Crown Prince Ludwig who married Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen on Oct. 12, 1810. Of course, you came to my blog to find the real truth. It is actually the the "birthday" of the invention of beer. I don't personally like beer, and my humans aren't fond of it, but many of the humans like it. Some of them probably like it a bit too much so it is only natural that the humans would want to celebrate its "birth" by drinking a lot of it. Even a restaurant chain like Red Robin is getting in on the celebration. I don't think this dog would order the beer, but Red Robin's Oktoberfest burger is something in which I could sink my teeth. It is beef on a toasted pretzel bun, and topped with black forest ham. Yes, that is something a dog would enjoy and a vanilla milkshake would go great with it. I do love milkshakes, but I don't think I would like them flavored with beer.

Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing Oktoberfest)

No comments:

Post a Comment