Monday, September 10, 2012

Frisbees: Great Toys!

As a dog, I happen to enjoy frisbees. We dogs love to play with frisbees. We chase them and sometimes we even bring them back to the humans who threw them, but not always. I have to admit that I have enjoyed chewing up a few frisbees in my life. When I am playing with these fun toys, I don't think too much about them, but I discovered that there is a story of how they came to be on the Internet, and I am going to share it with my readers. Frisbees actually started because of a pie company. Their customers started throwing their pans, and the pans were very aerodynamic (human word--too much like a bird word for me to know what it means). Those pie pans inspired the modern frisbee. In fact, I would love to have a frisbee contain a pie which I could eat, and then play with the pan. If it were a meat pie, that would be great because I love meat! This reminds me of a game my Daddy used to play with my 3 brothers. (I wasn't around then, but they told me all about it.) When they would eat hamburgers at White Castle (the burgers come in paper "boxes"), they would throw the boxes at each other when they were done. No one ever got hurt since the boxes were only paper, but they had a great time. Evidently, the only one who did not think it was a cool game was Mommy. She actually accused Daddy of being immature, and he was older than her. Maybe my brothers will play that game with Angel Zoom Smokey and myself one day. I think a dog would LOVE that game! Here is the history of the frisbee:
http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa980218.htm

Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing History of Frisbees)

No comments:

Post a Comment