Saturday, September 7, 2013

Movie Review Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

I went to see the movie, Percy Jackson:  Sea of Monsters; and, as usual I am going to let my readers know what I think of it.  The movie stars Logan Lerman in the title role of Percy Jackson.  Since all the other actors were humans, I really don't see the point of listing a bunch of names.  It isn't like there were any dogs in the movie.    This movie is based on Greek mythology.  The children of the gods of Olympus and humans were living in a oasis where they would be as safe as possible from their "enemies".  Then one day, Zeus' daughter died at the hands of one of those enemies.   Zeus, rather than allowing her to die, turned her into a tree that also provided a barrier so that the children would be safe.  Eventually, the barrier was compromised, and the children (who were mostly teen aged by then), were no longer safe.  Meanwhile, Percy had to come to terms with his new half brother whose Mom was a Cyclops.  Therefore,  his brother had only 1 eye.   This meant a search for the golden fleece which is the only thing that can "fix" the situation.
 
I give this movie 4 paws up and some kisses which is about a 7 1/2 out of 10 on the human movie scale.  I can't spoil it by revealing the ending, but I can say that having a parent whose a god might not be all it is cracked up to be.

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Critic)

No comments:

Post a Comment