Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful for Dead Birds

I had a good Thanksgiving today.  My humans had the good sense to get my hamburgers yesterday because the restaurant was closed for Thanksgiving.  How do they expect a dog to eat if they close the restaurant?  I'm so glad that my humans are smart enough to think of things like this ahead of time so they can prepare in advance so a dog has dinner.  They had the traditional Thanksgiving pizza that most humans in the United States eat on Thanksgiving.  This is a tradition passed down from the first Thanksgiving when the Native Americans ordered pizza  for the Pilgrims who did not have telephones, and they didn't know the phone number of the local deli.  If not for the Native Americans, those European Pilgrims would have starved which is something they probably regretted a century or so later.

My humans got our pizza at the local store that stays open on Thanskgiving, Jonna's in Howell, MI.  I am mentioning their deli because they have the only pizza my human orders that Angel and I will share with them.  I am not fond of pizza, but I like the ham and bacon toppings on Jonna's pizzas.  If you live in this area, I would suggest you give them a try because they make a good pizza.  By the way, I am not being paid to suggest their store, but I'm doing so only because this dog will actually eat their pizza, and I am one picky dog.  Therefore, I like to share information like this with my readers.

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving and thanks to all the humans who ate turkey.  I am always pleased to see a holiday dedicated to killing birds.

Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing Thanksgiving)

No comments:

Post a Comment