Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Movie Review: Lincoln

Lincoln is a movie starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln, and Sally Field as his wife.  The story revolved around the struggle to get a constitutional amendment passed to banish slavery in the United States before the Civil War ended and the southern states returned to the union.  This was a problem for Lincoln because, every day that the war continued cost more lives, but if the amendment was not passed before the war ended, the war would have essentially been fought in vain.  Therefore, I'm sure he was emotionally torn because of that.

I have to admit that I was expecting a movie about a talking car like the movie Cars.  My humans have owned a Lincoln Continental so I just assumed that it was about a talking car.  I also assumed that since Mater does the voice of Larry the Cable Guy  in Cars that the south would be represented by a couple of pick-up trucks with southern accents.  When I heard it involved a war, I assumed that it would be a war between luxury vehicles and working vehicles.  However, I was wrong, and the movie was about an actual historic event.  I bet it would have made more money if it had been about vehicles.  Hasn't Hollywood yet realized that the humans don't want anything that might accidentally teach them something?  How else do you explain Carrot Top?

Despite its educational value, it was a good movie and this dog felt sorry for Lincoln because it must have been a difficult time to live through.  I give the movie 4 paws up, a couple of tail wags, and some kisses.  The acting was very good, and I would not be surprised if Daniel Day-Lewis doesn't get an Oscar.  Also, Spader did a very good job as a supporting character.  This movie gets a 9 1/2 out of 10 on the human movie scale.  The best thing about historical movies is that you can brag about how much smarter you are after you leave the theatre.  Of course, if you are a human, no dog is going to believe you, but you can try saying it anyway.

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Reviewer)

No comments:

Post a Comment