Sunday, January 8, 2012

Movie Review: War Horse

I went to see War Horse, and as usual, I am going to share my thoughts on this movie with my readers. The movie takes place during World War 1, and the part of Albert is played by Jeremy Irvine. The star went uncredited because the star was a horse whose name in the movie was Joey. Joey came to live with his family because Albert's dad paid too much for Joey at an auction when he, probably partly due to being drunk, got a little over zealous with bidding which almost caused him to lose his farm. However, Joey came through and saved the farm. However, the father still had to sell him to the British Army because he needed the money. Joey ended up in the British Cavalry, and was soon captured by the Germans. Joey was not treated well, and as a result, I did not like this movie very much. It was bad enough that the studio did not give the horse credit probably to keep him from winning an Oscar, but by the time the movie was over, it made me realize that the humans are always dragging animals into their skirmishes. This dog does not approve. Why not just let the horses negotiate a settlement? I'm sure they have more sense than the humans. The humans even refer to common sense as "horse sense" so even they know that horses are smarter than them. It wasn't exactly a "bad movie", but it was depressing. After seeing that movie, if it were up to me, I would have cancelled World War 1. It didn't look like a good era to live through.

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Review of War Horse)

No comments:

Post a Comment