Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ancient Egyptian Antiquity Found at Garage Sale!

I have never mentioned that I like to collect ancient antiquities. There is nothing like an ancient bone or dog toy to make you feel part of the march of time. When I get in the frame of mind where I want to add an additonal antiquity to my collection, I do what all searchers of ancient antiquities do--I headed for a garage sale. Garage sales are known for their ancient antiquities at reasonable prices. On one trip, I was fortunate to find a fantastic find--it is an ancient dog diary written by an ancient Eyptian dog named Gahiji. I have decided to share an entry from his diary.

Gahiji:
I am an ancient Egyptian dog, and my human's name is Habibah. Habibah works for the Pharoah building pyramids. Habibah is at work now although this weekend, we will take his laundry to his parent's house so that his mom can wash the clothing for him. Washing clothing is "woman's work". My big worry is that Habibah will lose his job. He keeps writing grafitti inside the pyramids. Things like The Pharoah needs to get a life, and The Pharoah is going to be a mummy. I know that Habibah has a sense of humor, but I'm not so sure that the Pharoah is going to think the graffiti is funny. As Habibah's dog, I have become accustomed to a certain lifestyle, I hope Habibah's sense of humor won't mess up my lifestyle by getting him fired. I don't know why he doesn't just do some stand up comedy the Luxor (in Las Vegas). I'm sure they have some shows there, and he could get paid instead of having me worry about him getting fired.

I'll be back to write more tomorrow. Writing on papyrus is not easy. It would be nice if computers were already invented!
Gahiji (Ancient Egyptian Dog)

I was really lucky to have attended that garage sale!

Demon Flash Bandit (Sharing Ancient Dog Diary)

No comments:

Post a Comment