Monday, May 17, 2010

Fashion--Pocket Protectors for Dogs

Since so many humans dress their dogs, this dog was wondering if there are any fashions that a dog could wear that might actually be useful. It took a lot of thought because you can basically make a human wear any silly thing as long as other humans want to wear that product. If some fashion guru tells them to walk around carrying a stuffed cat in the hat, you would see cat in the hats everywhere. Thus, a dog knows that most fashionable items are completely unnecessary. Sure, there were the obvious choices like raincoats and sweaters. They can be useful, but I had to wonder--are they the only useful clothing items a dog can wear? It was then that I remembered seeing some photos from the past. Back in the 50's and 60's, a lot of human men wore pocket protectors to protect their shirt pockets from being damaged by leaking pens or small tools. They are still around, but they aren't considered as cool to wear. How can they be as cool as wearing a t shirt with a catchy phrase such as "The Voices in My Head Told Me To"? By the way, if a human is wearing a shirt like that, I think it best not to ask what the voices told him or her to do since you don't want to have to be killed because you know too much. But I digress, the pocket protector is a useful item, and I was wondering--how could one be put to use by a dog? I don't normally wear shirts with pockets, and if I did, I wouldn't be worried about protecting the shirt since I don't want to wear a shirt in the first place. However, I did think of a great way for a dog to use one. If they were made with a little slit where it could be fastened to a dog's collar, it would go from being a pocket protector to being a pocket to carry my rawhide bones. I have yet to meet a dog who doesn't like rawhide bones and who wouldn't mind a way to carry them around with him or her. Yes, I think this product could take the doggy world by storm. The humans do love to spend their money on their dogs. I might add that for those of you humans who would like to buy a pocket protector, you can go to this website, http://www.pocketprotector.com. I want to dedicate this blog to my human brother, Robert, who died of cancer 8 years ago. He loved pocket protectors, and he was a senior at Michigan State University when he died. I never got to meet him, but I know how much my humans miss him. If he thought they were wonderful, this dog is not going to question their value.

Demon Flash Bandit (Dog Who Likes to Have Rawhides With Me At All Times)

2 comments:

  1. Wooos Demon! sorry we have not been around recently, my secretary is "busy",..whatever...
    I like the idea of a place to carry my bones around instead of hiding them around the house and yard, that way I will know if the psycho border collie is about to get them.
    Mum expresses her sympathy at the loss of human brother as ours is also waiting at the bridge fur us too. Mum still misses him, after 11 years....
    ~husky kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you lost your human brother too. I'm sure our Mommys will always miss them no matter how many years pass.

    ReplyDelete