Saturday, May 29, 2010

Are They Really Monkees?

I was watching some old television shows the other day, and one of those shows was called The Monkees. The Monkees were a group of musicians/singers who entertained the humans in the 1960's. I have to admit I was a bit confused by the television show. First, one of the lead singers was a sea creature named Davy Jones. This is the guy who wanted Capt. Jack Sparrow's soul in the movie, Pirates of the Carribean, At Worlds End. In the television show, he didn't seem like a scary character at all. Maybe he is only scary if he is in the water. They didn't show his locker anywhere so maybe he got it stolen and that is why he was so annoyed in the movie. Mickey Dolenz seemed human enough, but he was in a circus television show when he was a child, and this dog isn't old enough to have seen the show so I really don't know if he played a human or an animal. Those Hollywood make-up artists are very good at their jobs. I did notice that Michael Nesmith had quite an obsession with prairie chickens, prairie dogs, or prairie hamsters--it is hard to remember exactly which kind of prairie animal he liked so much. Peter Tork was actually Peter Fork which makes a dog wonder if maybe he was upset that he was a fork and not one of those new spork inventions.

Speaking of inventions, Mommy bought me an ice blanket and I love it. She put it in the freezer and when it froze, she put it over me like a blanket. Normally I hate blankets, but that one reminded me of a wonderful, cold winter day in Alaska. Finally, a human has invented something practical--or was it invented by a dog. My money is on the dog.

Demon Flash Bandit (Wondering About Television Shows)

No comments:

Post a Comment