Thursday, January 17, 2013

Movie Review: The Impossible

Imagine being in a tropical paradise on Christmas vacation with your family, and just when you are enjoying life on the beach, a tsunami hits and puts a damper on your vacation fun.  This is exactly what happened to the family in this movie, which was based on a true story.  The family (which consisted of Maria played by Namoi Watts and Henry played by Ewan McGregor and their 3 children) were on Christmas holiday in Thailand when the tsunami hit the coast causing much mayhem.  This is one reason that this dog does not care for tropical climates.  I do not want to get hit on the head by a falling palm tree.  I prefer someplace cold and covered with snow, but that might have something to do with the fact that I'm a sled dog.  I don't care much for hot temperatures.  In fact, I still haven't forgiven the state of Florida for having white sand beaches that a Siberian husky would mistake for snow, and then, when a dog is expecting to feel nice, cold snow on his paws, he feels hot sand instead.  I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I was, and how fed up I was with the whole "tropical climate".  If I were arranging the vacation, I would have taken the humans to Alaska, where you don't have silly palm trees falling on a dog's head! 

I will get back to the movie review now.  When the tsumani hit, most of the family got separated from each other, and they didn't know if the others were alive or dead or badly injured.  The movie was good,  but it wasn't exactly enjoyable watching so many people get hurt and/or die.  I found it very depressing, but if a dog likes to watch real life disasters, then this is a great movie for that dog to watch.  I give it 2 paws up and a tail wag, which is about a 6 out of 10 on the human movie scale.  It would get a better rating from me, but this dog does not really enjoy watching the humans get hurt, and I get tired of having to cover my eyes throughout the movie so as not to see the blood and injuries.

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Critic)

No comments:

Post a Comment