Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Laborer is Worthy of his Pay


I don't mean to brag, but I have the perfect job.  I am given cool toys and treats, my food is brought to me by the humans, and I can nap whenever I please.  This is why I don't understand why the humans are yapping so much about fast food workers being unskilled.  As far as this dog is concerned, making food is a noble calling.  I call it God's work. It is a job that I would be proud to do.  In.fact, when I was a puppy, I tried to climb out of the car to get  inside through the drive thru window.  My.dad stopped  me and told me they weren't hiring at that time
I think they could have used my help because earlier in the week, there were 3 cars in front of us so it took about 10 minutes to get my food.  Did I complain?  No, I did not.  However I did use my paw to blow the horn before my humans could stop me.  Obviously, I was not happy with the service.
Why so many of the humans get upset over a pay raise for fast food workers is beyond my comprehension.  If the job requires so little skill and work, why not just make a burger at home?  Even my brother Jeff, who does the cooking since Mom is no longer able to do so made some delicious burgers last week.  I know Angel and I had some.  My humans had salmon filets yesterday, and Mommy loved them. They did not share with the dogs, but that is because we won't eat fish.  Why would I eat food that is swimming around in its own poop.
Speaking of poop, not everyone can get a job cleaning septic tanks, but I know dogs would do it volunteerily just for fun.  What dog wouldn't want the job? In addition to the delightful aroma when you open the lid on the tank, Afterward, you get to drive around in a truck full of poop which makes you the envy of every dog who smells the truck pass.

My only conclusion is that most of the world's wealth is in the paws of a few very wealthy humans.  It is in their best interest to keep the poorer dogs jealous of every cent the other one gets.  It seems to me that paying more would allow them to hire employees who can do the job quickly and not mess up so many orders. It reminds me of a story mama dog used to tell me at bed time.
Once upon a time, 2 cats were fighting over one little fish.  Meanwhile the fat cat had a freezer full of fish.  They were so busy concentrating on the one fish, the fat cat took all the rest.  I expect behaviour like that from cats, but not from dogs.  We dogs are smarter than cats.  Personally, I think if humans were paid for doing a good job, I think many of the humans would be unemployed in all lines of work.
This is why I need your vote.  I have dog sense.  Humans are too jealous and illogical.  By the way, do humans understand the "paid by the hour concept?

Demon Flash Bandit (My Opinion)


No comments:

Post a Comment