Saturday, May 3, 2014

I Don't Go To the Basement

Normally, most of us dogs love to dig holes, but some holes should be avoided.  Case in point, the basement of my house.  My humans have carried me down there twice as a puppy, but I did not like it there.  I refuse to go down there even if it is cooler there than in the rest of the house.  I just don't trust a hole with a house on top of it.  On the other paw, Angel Zoom Smokey sneaks down there often.  She said it is not only cooler temperature wise, but she thinks it has lots of cool stuff.  The humans know she has been down there because occasionally she leaves "souvenirs" which the humans prefer she only leave outside.  Of course, since the basement has a concrete floor, she says that it is easy to clean.  Personally, I don't know if she knows what she is talking about because I've never seen her clean up any of her messes.  In addition to not trusting a hole with a house over it, I also think that there are birds haunting the basement.  I think they hang out down there to annoy me.  Believe me, the only thing worse than a bird is a bird ghost who doesn't like a dog.  This is why I don't go to the basement.  I think it is better to be safe than sorry!

Demon Flash Bandit (Avoiding Basement)

3 comments:

  1. We have a *Michigan* basement...aka dungeon/cellar...they are to be avoided at all costs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a basement when I lived in Boston - it had my puppy princess crate and had tons of room for running. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demon here: my Mommy avoids the basement too. She can't use stairs easily anymore, and she says it needs to be cleaned out of stuff. I think it is just an excuse to avoid going down there because of the ghost birds which she says do not exist.

    ReplyDelete