Thursday, October 9, 2014

It is Official: Dogs are Intelligent

Big news on the Internet for the humans:  dogs are smarter than the humans thought we were!  Although it is nice to read that some of the humans have finally realized how smart we are,  I'm not so sure that it is a good thing.  For example, earlier today, my humans blocked the way to my cave with some boxes because they were cleaning.  Angel Zoom Smokey and myself hate it when the humans clean the house, but that isn't the point of this blog.  The point is that the humans had blocked the way into my cave and I was not happy.  I took my paw and put it inside the bottom box so that the boxes on top would topple over so I could get back into my cave.  I doubt that my humans would be smart enough to do that.  Let's face it, if they were smart, they wouldn't have blocked the way to my cave in the first place.  In fact, they would not be cleaning.  We dogs don't waste time and energy cleaning because we are highly intelligent, evolved creatures.  If the humans realize we are smart, some of the behavior we exhibit like my pulling down the boxes might get us into trouble.  It is much nicer when we do as we please and the humans think we don't know what we are doing.  I personally do not want to be responsible for the actions I do when my humans annoy me.  However, it is nice that some humans do recognize our intelligence.  Here is the link so you can read about it for yourself.

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/10/6/6918159/dog-intelligence-emotions

One good thing about the article is that it also mentions that we dogs are capable of love, but I suspect our humans know that already!

Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing Dog Intelligence)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure capable of love!! I love heaps of people. I also don't like some people so there's another emotion we blokes are capable of. AND of course we are smarter than humans. That goes without saying, aye??

    ReplyDelete