Sunday, June 8, 2014

Movie Review: A Million Ways to Die in the West

My movie review today is of the movie by Seth McFarlane, A Million Ways to Die in the West.  This movie is a spoof of the classic type western and probably more accurate a portrayal of what life was actually like on the western frontier in that time period than in the average Hollywood western.  I doubt that living in some of those frontier towns was fun or easy.  In fact, without electricity, central heating and air conditioning, and many of the other "creature" comforts that us dogs enjoy, I'm guessing life wasn't that good when you didn't live on the frontier either.  I found this movie a bit disappointing because most of the funniest things were already shown in the trailer so I went to it expecting it to be super funny, and although funny,  it was a bit disappointing because my expectations were so high.  This movie should have had a cameo from Ted, and it would have made it better.  Ted is probably too busy making a sequel.  Stuffed bears, like us blogging dogs, have busy schedules.  I do give this movie 4 paws up, a tail wag, and a couple of drooling kisses.  This would be about a 7 out of 10 on the human movie scale.  I may have been a bit disappointed, but it was still a funny movie and a good way to spend a couple of hours being entertained.  Let's face it, not all movies can be as good as Snow Dogs or Eight Below, and this movie did at least have the good sense to have a dog in a prominent role in the movie.  I guess McFarlane knew that a dog would make it better and I give him my one paw salute for realizing that!

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Critic)


No comments:

Post a Comment