Friday, June 3, 2016

Let's Cook.Crawdads

Yesterday I was relaxing and leafing through mom's April issue of Southern Living magazine.  In this issue, I found an interesting recipe for Crawdad dogs.    Of course, first it was necessary to investigate crawdads.   I have heard of them, but I thought they might be a figment of an overactive imagination.   Of course, mom knew nothing about them, I had to get my information from the Internet.  It turns out that they look like little lobsters or scorpions.  My research concludes that they can be eaten or they can be a pet.  I have no idea why anyone would want one as a pet--it is probably those crazy people that like pet snakes.  Crawdad are cannibals so.I suppose they would be a perfect pet for Hannibal Lector. Mom and I have never watched any of those movies; but I have heard that crawdad's must eat a lot of fava beans

However, this blog is meant to share a recipe with my readers.  Crawdad dogs are made from leftover Crawdad etouffee, which is a Cajun dish. Crawdads can be ordered online so finding the ingredients won't be a problem.  I plan to make mine without crawdads because they look disgusting.  To make a Crawdad dog, Crawdad etouffee is the topping of the hotdog. Here is the recipe:

1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon diced thyme
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil

There are more ingredients, but I don't care for any of them.  Therefore, I am giving you my Demon Flash Bandit Dog recipe.   Put a hot dog on a bun and load it with cheese and bacon.  In fact, I like to replace the hot dog with more bacon.  I always say "everything is better with bacon".  Enjoy!

Demon Flash Bandit (Chef)


No comments:

Post a Comment