Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Shaking the Family Tree

I'm sorry I didn't write a blog for a day or two.  My human has been getting lazy, but she claims it is because she has an "infection".  I think her "illness" is just an excuse to get out of doing what I tell her to do.  You would think she would be pleased to have a job working for a boss who is as handsome as I, and who is also a dog!  She is one super lucky human!  She doesn't even have to worry about cashing a paycheck with this job. 

Today I am going to write about my ancestor, my great, great, great, great, great, great Granddaddy Jebediah Flash Bandit, who was a "mountain dog".  Jebediah was quite a character.  He had a cabin in the mountains where he mined a "used tissue paper" mine.  It was near a house, and I think the humans called it a septic tank, but Jebediah Flash Bandit was the envy of every dog in the town in the valley.  Many of the dogs talked of his good fortune--how he had found brown gold, Texas tea.   I bet you thought I was going to say that the dogs told him to move to California, but Jebediah was not a California dog.  If anywhere, he would choose to move to Alaska because he preferred snow and ice to palm trees and heat.  He stayed put because no one was going to make him leave his mine, and he became a bit of a loner.  He liked to hang out and take naps in the cabin and go and dig for used tissue paper when he was rested. 

Jebediah had a son, Abraham Flash Bandit, my great, great, great, great, great Granddaddy and he invented the skateboard.  He knew the humans would find it fascinating, and he used to enjoy watching them on the skateboard, breaking bones and taking names.  I don't know why they were taking names....but what dog ever knows what the humans are thinking.

Jebediah's son, my great, great, great, great Granddaddy was Ezekiel Flash Bandit, and he was a police dog with the Canadian Mounties.  He was the most decorated police dog in Canadian history.  In fact, he used to find craft paint and decorate himself--a trait passed down to me because as a puppy, I once painted my nose orange.

As you can see, I've had a lot of famous and colorful ancestors.  Someday I'll have to tell you the story of my grandmothers, who are equally interesting, but now it is time for a nap!

Demon Flash Bandit (Shaking the Family Tree)

1 comment: