Thursday, October 10, 2013

NYC Cockroaches Loyal to Neighborhoods!

Most of my readers are probably familiar with the famous Statue of Liberty which greets visitors to New York City. How many of you know that there is another famous statue that celebrates some different types of immigrants to New York City? That statue is one of a cockroach who is holding a lantern greeting all the cockroaches who enter the United States. Most Americans are familiar with the words on the "human" statue, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore Send these, the homeless tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door. However, on the roach statue, the words are a little different. Give me a messy place to live and some disgusting food garbage, and keep the lights off. It may not sound that good to you or me, but believe me, I've seen roaches cry when they read it. I'm sure many of you are wondering what happens to the immigrant cockroaches in New York City once they get settled in. For the most part, they settle into a neighborhood and stay there. Here is a link explaining it because some scientists have nothing better to do than to take cockroach census records. http://www.nbcnews.com/science/cockroaches-nyc-cluster-their-own-neighborhoods-yours-6C10971523# I know some of the local cockroaches aren't happy to see the new ones arrive. You will always hear them complaining about the cockroaches coming here to steal their jobs. I guess I can see their point about that since there aren't a lot of job openings advertised for cockroaches. I suppose I would get a bit resentful too if I thought foreign dogs were coming here to steal my job. I think I'm safe since I don't think there are many dogs who can type or write blogs the way I do. Demon Flash Bandit (Discussing NYC Cockroaches)

No comments:

Post a Comment