Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Movie Review: Gravity

In answer to many of the questions I have received from dogs out there in blogdogdom, gravity is the invisible force that keeps humans and dogs from floating off into space. It is useful for us to have since, without it, life would be kind of strange. However, it does have some pitfalls in that because of it, the humans do occasionally fall and get hurt. Of course, if the humans had the common sense to walk on all 4 paws instead of running around on just their back paws, they would fall a lot less and not get hurt nearly as often. I suppose it is too much to assume that the humans would have a measure of dog sense. Who coined the phrase, horse sense, anyway? I like horses, but they aren't nearly as smart as the average dog. Hollywood recently released a movie titled Gravity. I warned the humans that the trailer didn't look good, and that any film with the title, Gravity, is probably going to be one boring movie. How much can you write about gravity before you decide you never want to hear the word again? I wasn't anxious to see this movie, but I know how much my readers depend on me to review movies and make my recommendations. My recommendation is NOT to go and see this movie. It stars Sandra Bullock as Dr. Ryan Stone and George Clooney as Mat Kowalski. The movie starts with the astronauts outside the shuttle having a leisurely stroll in space and trying to fix some stuff. Then they got hit by space debris largely because the space garbage truck delivered the garbage to the wrong place. The shuttle was damaged, and both astronauts were hanging around out in space hoping to catch a bus home. However, as most of us would guess: there is no bus service from space. I once went to a 3D movie of life on the space station at the Kennedy Space Center, and I thought that was the most boring movie every to be produced in 3D. Rest assured, Gravity has beat out that movie as the most boring movie ever. If they give an Oscar for the most boring movie of the year, that movie should get the award! The only redeeming part of the movie was when Dr. Stone was listening to someone on the radio and there were dogs barking, and Dr. Stone started barking like a dog. I'm sure she did that to make sure I would notice and this dog would give her movie a good review. However, a couple if minutes of barking was not enough to make this movie enjoyable. I give this movie 4 paws down, and I want the time I spent watching it back. Time is just too precious to waste on a movie as bad as Gravity. On the human movie scale, I would give it a 1 1/2 out of 10. I hope my readers appreciate the sacrifices I make for them--that was one BORING movie!!!! Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Critic)

No comments:

Post a Comment