Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Memories

"Memories light the corners of my mind
Mystic water colored memories of a dog I knew.

Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
Oh, what could have been."

If only humans minded their own business
Why not leave us dogs alone?
If we had the chance to do it all again,
Would we? Could we?"

Every time I hear a dog howling this song, I think of that lovely blue eyed black and white Husky that I have met.  It was like I was looking  into a mirror.  I met her outside Petsmart in Brighton Michigan.  Her human had picked her up after her grooming.  She had a sexy pink ribbon in her fur.  I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her despite the boring odors from the bath.  I know she felt the same way about me.  I lifted my leg to pee on her, and our humans intervened and we were forced to part.
It was many years ago and I haven't seen her since.  However, whenever we go to Petsmart, I look for her.  Why do the humans interfere with our  dreams?

Demon Flash Bandit (Lost Love)




No comments:

Post a Comment