Sunday, January 26, 2014

Movie Revoew: The Wolf of Wall Street

In my official title as doggy movie critic, today I will give a review of the movie, The Wolf of Wall Street.  This movie is supposed to be based on the true story of Jordon Belford, who spent 3 years in jail for his 1990's security scam.  Bedford is played by Leonardo DeCaprio who as a mutant turtle pulled off  playing a human quite well.  Okay, I'm only messing with you.  Leonardo the turtle is a totally different dude. 

This movie was a bit disappointing since there was not one wolf in the entire movie which means that the studio is guilty of false advertising.  It was a good movie over all, but when a dog expects to see a wolf in the movie, and only sees humans, a dog can't help but feel disappointed.  I thought I'd be watching a movie about a stock broker wolf, and that it would open the door for us dogs to have a job like that.  Of course, after watching  Jordon Belford I can tell you that he was the kind of human that no dog aspires to be like.  He spent most of his life drinking, doing drugs, and cheating other humans.  I understand that if a dog has more money, he lives better and has more dingo bones, and I do love dingo bones.  However, I like to know that other dogs can have bones too, and I can't eat every bone in the world.   I think humans like him are very sad, and their lives are wasted.  It reminds me of the adage of a very wise dog who once said,  "what good is it for a dog to gain every bone in the world, but lose his teeth".  I think greed is like that.  The greedier humans miss out on many wonderful things in the world that do not involve money--like smelling another dog's butt, rescuing a great piece of garbage, or digging the perfect hole.  Enough of my doggy philosophy, and back to being a movie critic-I give this movie 4 paws up, some doggy kisses, and it was basically a tail wagging good movie.  On the human movie scale, I give it an 8 1/2 when 1 is bad and 10 is great.  This movie is rated R and does have some nudity and drug scenes so don't go to see it if those things would bother you.

Demon Flash Bandit (Movie Critic)

1 comment:

  1. But if I had all dat money, I could buy all da toys. And I could really use more toys, I don't have nearly enough. I mean, da floor ain't completely covered with 'em.

    ReplyDelete